|Home||Turntables||Arms and headshells||Cartridge Styli||Accessories||Noise Reduction||CD/DVD Media Software|
|Restoration Services||Specials Used||Reviews Links||PURCHASE HERE||Balkan Records||Vintage Recordings|
DIGITAL RESTORATION OF VINTAGE ANALOGUE RECORDINGS
This includes LP, Home Recordings, Broadcast Transcriptions, Ediphone, Audograph disc records, Open Reel Tape, Cassette, Wire Recordings.
DVDs FROM VHS TAPES, PHOTOS, SLIDES AND OTHER SOURCES
"Thank you! All I can say is that if everyone gave as outstanding service as you just did this world would be a far better place."
"I couldn't believe you were able to get this back to me so quickly. I cannot thank you enough"
"I am so impressed with the work you did for me. Many thanks."
"You made my day; and restored a small piece of history"
"Everything I've listened to sounds great!"
* Clean disc - Remove white scum growth from acetate discs with proprietary method - add $20.00.
* Select stylus size appropriate to disc groove for minimum noise.
* Check/correct pitch.
* Equalize/filter/analogue noise reduction.
* Edit quieter L & R groove walls with Rek-O-Kut DEHISSER.
* Basic analogue click and pop reduction with Esoteric Sound Surface Noise Reducer.
We use a custom modified wire player with accurate playback equalization to transfer spools to digital. Wire recordings are very difficult to play, especially if they have splices. They often cause either jamming of the player or spillage during rewind. The wire is very stiff and easily kinks and/or tangles. The splices can come apart during play or the kinks can stop the process or the wire break. That can require us to splice the wire and continue. Hence the transfer process can be destructive in itself. Fortunately, that is after the transfer is completed. We do not guarantee that the wire recording will be as pristine as received. So please keep this in mind.
Cedar Noise Reduction (Computer Enhanced Digital Audio Restoration)
* Noise reduction with state-of-the-art CEDAR DeClicker, DeCrackler, DeHisser noise reduction
Digital Editing & Signal Processing
* Transfer sound sources to computer.
* Edit out obvious noise, i.e., lead-in, lead-out grooves, etc.
* Edit out skips.
* Edit in patches, if available, from other sources.
* Manual computer digital wave form reconstruction - (extremely poor sources may
require 1 hour of manual computer editing per 5 min. of pgm)
* Sequence titles or program elements in proper order
* Sequence program segments, balance segment volumes and sound quality. Add track
indices as required.
* Transfer finished audio track(s) to CDR master.
* If desired, duplicate, package CDs in small runs up to 100.
Dependent upon condition of original recordings and degree of restoration desired. $55.00/hour minimum, transferring time + restoring time. Simple CDs $60.00/disc minimum. Clean disc - Remove white scum growth from acetate discs with proprietary method - add $20.00. Replace old falling apart splices - add $2.50/splice. Additional discs with labeling - $5.00.
Turntables, Tone Arms: Technics SP-15, SME, Rek-O-Kut.
Cartridges: Stanton, Shure, Grado, General Electric.
Styli: Custom-made by Stanton, Expert Pickup, Rek-O-Kut.
Disk Cleaning: Nitty Gritty Record Cleaning System, & proprietary methods.
Preamps: McIntosh, Rek-O-Kut.
Sound Processors/Equalizers: CEDAR, Aphex, Esoteric Sound, Rek-O-Kut, DBX.
Recorders: Crown, Ampex, Technics, Sony, Tascam, Teak, Webster-Chicago wire recorder - modified to low noise, solid-state electronics.
Two digital editing PCs.
Software: ProTools, Adobe Audition.
Microboards CD duplicator and label printer.
Note: We have restored records with various physical damage, including large missing pieces. Similar restorations can be performed on old tape and wire recordings.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR STUDIO
CLICK HERE FOR RECORDINGS WE PRODUCED
CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES